urgent help starter motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help starter motor

Hi tackling the removal of the starter motor on KZN185. Have managed the tough upper bolt but am struggling to disconnect the black plastic connecter on the side. Any help before it gets dark would be welcome.
    Cheers Andrew

Hi presuming you haven't taken both bolts off as its way easier to have them take the weight if the motor so you can undo the connector. What model of starter is it as some have the clip on the starter or on a bit of cabling (much easier to get off). Its just a big spade connector and the clip releases in the usual manner.

Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Cheers Wiggy,
      No just broke the tension on the upper bolt. It's a Denso starter. I thought there may be a push in side clip or something similar?

Comment

Yea there is and this might help I had trouble changing mine as the connector went straight to the starter without any cable and i had to separate it from the loom
        Last edited by wiggy; 11 May 2015, 17:09.

Comment

Think I've found the press in point on the underside of the connecter, not joking when they said difficult to get off! I'll keep trying.

Many thanks for your help.

Comment

No probs and it is a pain to do.....

Comment

Out! Little clip snapped, plastic very brittle but no other damage to connecter. Strangely the only way I could get the motor out was by twisting it 45 degs lifting rear of motor up then dropping it past the chassis, no drama of moving all the pipework out of the way to pull it up through the engine bay.

Anyway thanks for the help Wiggy.

Comment

No probs & glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                X