Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to fit immobliliser

Hi All,

Been searching for an answer, but not found one yet.....

I am looking to fit GPS tracking system in my surf (Gen 2 - 3.0 TD), no problem with the fitting and such but the unit I have bought takes a SIM card and you can send it a text message which will activate or de-activate an output.

so basically I want to use this facility to cut off the fuel supply - so where is the best place to cut into? I have read some things that say not to add an immobiliser in the fuel pump circuit.... I am not planning to do this exactly, I would be installing a relay in the circuit, and then using the immobiliser to trigger the relay to break the circuit.

Is there a better place ? such as a fuel cut off solenoid or something on these?

Thanks in advance.

need to check my pics, i cant remember exactly from the top of my head, its a white? cable under the steering cowl that if you separate it, it wont start, just engine turn.
    sorry being vague but i will try to find the right one

red?/white?
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Did you have any luck finding the pictures? Or can anyone else help please?

Thanks in advance

Comment

i had been looking on my old files before my pc fried itself, i hope its not in the files i lost, as soon i find something i will post it, sorry not being very helpful
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
        X