intercooler advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler advice

Just starting to test fit my intercooler today. Can anyone see anything glaringly obvious and wrong with what I'm doing? Also as far as scoop goes, thinking of mounting it directly to the cooler for a better seal. Cheers guys.
    Attached Files

Nope
    looks fine to me.
    Keep the pics coming.

Really must pull my finger out and get mine done...
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thanks. Wish I could weld then I could try and make a nicer job of the brackets. Anyway decided to move the air filter pipe forward to sit it a bit lower at the front... so waiting for a couple if 45 degree bends of eBay now.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the problem with mods, you fix one issue which then brings up another problem, adds to the fun,so to speak.

Having to encounter and overcome these issues on a purely amateur basis will however give you an immense sense of satisfaction.

I can't really see where the bracket ends up, my plan, which has stalled at the moment was to make use of some of the longer rocker cover studs x4 and to make up two wide upside down "U" shaped brackets to bolt the I/C to.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I removed the AC unit yesterday to allow more space and free up the rad so I can clean the mud off it easier... was out of gas anyway

The intake/filter pipe will run across the front of the block to the filter box to free up all the back for the IC...

Am attaching the back of the IC to the master cylinder I expect and the front mount runs down to near where those 4wd vacuum pipes live. At least that's the plan so far... expect it might change!

Tempted to see if there's enough space for the pajero IC fan too... but then I'm not sure how to go about controlling that.

Comment

Also their is a brown plug out the back of the IC. I'm assuming it's the intake temperature sensor for the ecu.is it possible to actually use this sensor? Could i simply stick a temp gauge on it and boom I know my intake temp? Or does it as I suspect not work like that

Comment

Lools good

Do you have a body lift on yours?

Im going to try not use the bonnet scoop
              Approach..

Going to try mount mine where the bash plate goes

Comment

Yeah I have a 2" body lift not sure about the bash plate as mine never came with one and am running a custom one now. Sounds like a prime place to get it caked in mud though!

Comment

Not the tidiest of jobs but it works... just relocated the intake pipe forward. Do need to get hold of another exhaust bracket for it.. but it does the job
                  Attached Files

Comment

Where I'm up to at the moment. I have a small boost leak but pretty sure I know where it is. Will get around to tidying the brackets up at some point but now just have to wait for my scoop to arrive
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got my scoop through the post today... pretty excited about it..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X