Oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure

Hi, I have been driving my KZN130 for the first week. Drives great! Installed new front diskbrakes.

I have a question about the oil pressure. Can anyone tell me if the pressure I'm getting is normal? This is with warm oil after driving for more than 10 km. The rvs are in the pic as well.(New oil btw)

When starting cold the oil pressure is more about halfway the gauge.

Als I could not get the 8L in it by far. I think I put around 5 L in( new filter fitted as well). Is there an explanation? Maybe two tab points?

Cheers,

Nobody here to confirm the oilpressure?

Comment

Looks about where my old 3ltr used to run when warm.

Sound like you didn't fully drain the system when you changed the oil, although i never managed to get more the 6-6.5ltrs in when I did mine

Comment

Correct!

Comment

That's about what mine is when warm pal , bit higher when cold but nothing to worry about , I normally put about 6-6.5 litres in with filter as well
          Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Sorry.
            Last edited by yorta2; 1 March 2015, 01:41. Reason: Omitted something, then posted twice.

Comment

Buy a bottle of Diesel Engine Flush stuff from Supercrap (or some other shop) and do a flush next oil change - you may be surprised at how much extra oil you get out. Do a flush every couple of oil changes.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I have read up on high milage cars and oilflushes. I won't be doing that. Cheers.

Comment

Same level as my gen 2. Apart from when it over heated and drop very low with the heat. On older toyota engines like my 2tg/3t hybrid I built I used washers on the pump for more pressure... not sure if you can with these...?

Comment

Working...
                  X