X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine squeek

hi guys in need of some help!
    3L gen 3 1996
    When moving there is a squeel from under the bonnet, appears to be worse when the throttle is pressed more but only there when the vehicle is moving.
    When revving stationary there is no noise at all so sort of rules out turbo which was my initial thoughts.
    Any one have any ideas or come across similar issues.?
    Thanks in advance

first thoughts..... Slipping belts.... Or is that to obvious?

my gen2 has had a squeal since I got it number of months ago. Could be any of the bearings in the engine about to give up the ghost.

Comment

The bottom pulley's delaminate and come apart so it could be that.Have a very good look for any wobble etc on that one and if so get it replaced
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

When your testing it stationary try moving the steering, that will put the pump under load and test the PAS belt...

Comment

Cheers tried the belts and seem ok
          Will check the rest and keep you updated

Comment

Steve where abouts are you down here
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Storm liskeard area
              No play in the bottom pulley and took off the belt from the air con pump and still have the noise.
              It's similar to interference you used to get from the radio if that makes sense
              Still at a loss as to what it is.

Comment

Is the noise there only when the turbo is boosting? i.e. revs @ 1800rpm+?

Comment

No sometimes lower revs than that, took off the turbo pipes and noise still there, going to remove the fan belt to see if it's alternator, it sounds just like a old kettle whistling

Comment

Update
                    Took all the belts off and took it out for a spin and the noise is still there!
                    Thinking may be a leaking inlet gasket ?

Comment

Final update squeek cured!!!!
                      It was the egr valve leaking which had been blanked off when I first had the truck, a bit of exhaust jointing paste works wonders
                      Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X