Replacement Head Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Head Options

Anyone had any experience with the Amadeo Marti Carbonell (AMC) heads from Roughtrax?

Also, the options from Milners?

I'm stuck in Cyprus and can get one from a Toyota dealer, is this likely to be the 'new improved' version and who is the OEM? Part number?

Many thanks
    http://www.aroundtheworldin800days.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/aroundtheworldin800days

A few forum members have used the AMC head from RT and have declared themselves happy with it. If I remember correctly you dont get all the gaskets you need with the kit, but as to the quality of the head itself, all reports I remember reading on the forum members who have used it are full of praise.

Cant help with your part number question. I know that a search for cylinder head will bring up all sorts, but eventually youll find the ones praising the AMC head and telling you which gaskets are not in the kit.
    Сви можемо

Comment

I used the RT comprehensive head kit a few years ago. It had everything needed and a few gaskets left over. The quality seemed very good but the truck was rolled a year later so I can't comment on longevity.
      Mark

Comment

2 months in on my AMC head

Comment

I fitted my AMC head about 4000 miles ago and still running well....
          There were a few gaskets missing from my full kit, some small Toyota only water way gaskets, exhaust manifold to down pipe gasket, and I think injector leak off washers,
          I did a bit of a right up on it titled "off with the head" that might help you out.
          Try to get everything you need as it's a big Pita if you are missing something halfway through the job.

Comment

I think Barry may have taken note...Leak off washers arrived with my full kit.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
            X