Engine rebuild - Parts source??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine rebuild - Parts source??

Hi everyone,after much deliberation & not being able to find a newer surf to my spec,I've decided to refurbish mine.I have a auto box & transaxle I'm going to rebuild,this should only be thrust washers seals & plates hopefully,as there is nothing wrong with the gearbox.I have a 3.0 KZ-TE engine which was pulled from a truck that had done a genuine 67,000 miles,therefore i wish to strip it down and rebuild it and put on one of the newer heads,I know I can get the head and all the other bits from roughtrax,but where do i get Engine internals from such as valve springs,piston rings,bearings etc etc?? Any help would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance!

Why rebuild a 1kt-te with only 67k miles on it?

Comment

+1^ ???

Comment

Rebuild due to time sat? etc.

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Why rebuild a 1kt-te with only 67k miles on it?
        My reason for rebuilding the engine,1st the engine has been sat a while,therefore it would be prudent of me to certainly replace the head gasket + others.I would certainly for the comparatively low cost replace the main & big end bearings + rings,then take the rest as it comes,I would also possibly replace the head,because it could be a ticking bomb-My truck now has 220 K and never had a new head,a friend had a 98 SRG with 55k some time back he imported head went at 63K.I have certainly stripped 70k engines before that could use a set of bearings at 70-80k.Id rather go through the engine now then just fit it & spend months of frustration sorting out issues.

Comment

Working...
        X