Starter motor for 1994 3l turbo diesel auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor for 1994 3l turbo diesel auto

Has anyone used this starter motor repair kit?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=616&vid=831

Wondering if it's worth trying. I'm having trouble starting my engine - it's clicking away for several turns before firing (after which it's okay) and I'd say it's getting worse.

Is the above starter motor repair kit fit for purpose, or would I be better advised to simply get an exchange starter motor?

Any advice offered this decidedly useless mechanic gratefully received!

Many thanks, Richard

£54 ! + post!
    Have a look on eBay, I got a repair kit for about £20 last year as mine was doing the same
    as your truck.
    Normally you only need the copper contacts as they will be worn away.
    Easy job once the starter is out.

Comment

Many thanks for getting back to me. Is it fairly easy to remove the starter on these trucks? Bearing in mind that I've difficulty telling a hammer from a spanner at the best of times

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...light=contacts
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by BestButter View Post
          Has anyone used this starter motor repair kit?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=616&vid=831

Wondering if it's worth trying. I'm having trouble starting my engine - it's clicking away for several turns before firing (after which it's okay) and I'd say it's getting worse.

Is the above starter motor repair kit fit for purpose, or would I be better advised to simply get an exchange starter motor?

Any advice offered this decidedly useless mechanic gratefully received!

Many thanks, Richard
          hi richard i used one last year from e bay 20 pounds i think for a 2.4 new contacts etc with instructions was good .starter was awkward to get at one of the bolts but i did saves a lot of cash is yours clicking ? and nothing happening ,thats what mine did good luck

Comment

Originally posted by anesto63 View Post
            hi richard i used one last year from e bay 20 pounds i think for a 2.4 new contacts etc with instructions was good .starter was awkward to get at one of the bolts but i did saves a lot of cash is yours clicking ? and nothing happening ,thats what mine did good luck
            Thanks. Yes, that's pretty much it. At first I thought it was something to do with the immobiliser, but I'm now certain it's the SM. When I turn the ignition key it's 'dead' other than the clicking. At first it would fire after about three or four keyturns, but now it's taking much longer and I'm concerned that at some point the engine will no longer start at all.

Does this sound as if the kit would fix it, or would you say I need a new SM?

Cheers, Richard

Comment

Thanks for this - much appreciated.

Richard

Comment

Working...
              X