eBay/cheap radiators...AVOID!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay/cheap radiators...AVOID!

Seriously...avoid. You know what they say: buy cheap, buy twice.

Soldered part of mine but it's now leaking at the filler. The ####ing thing can't even handle the pressure! Ha!

I'll repair but thought I'd at least give a warning to people looking on eBay.

Rough Trax sell the exact same 'budget' version as those on eBay. But you know Rough Trax would honour any warranty. Not eBay. "2 year warranty" means nothing.

This is the seller I bought from.

So I'm going to either buy a Rough Trax 'premium' or the alu one from Oz.

Bought mine from same supplier, so far so good .

" the alu one from Oz. " Is made in China

Comment

Most are. It's the only place to get it (that alu one). Might grab it when I go over there It's a quality piece. Properly sealed. "Made in China" isn't the same as it used to be, either.

Good luck with yours. Shame the guy won't even answer my messages re his sham warranty. Hope you don't need to call on it, genuinely

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
        Most are. It's the only place to get it (that alu one). Might grab it when I go over there It's a quality piece. Properly sealed. "Made in China" isn't the same as it used to be, either.

Good luck with yours. Shame the guy won't even answer my messages re his sham warranty. Hope you don't need to call on it, genuinely

Sy Are you offering a group/bulk buy ??

Can I be 1st on list please

Comment

Ha! Can you imagine going through customs with a pile of rads

Probably would struggle with one.

There's a gap in the market, though

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
            Seriously...avoid. You know what they say: buy cheap, buy twice.

Soldered part of mine but it's now leaking at the filler. The ####ing thing can't even handle the pressure! Ha!

I'll repair but thought I'd at least give a warning to people looking on eBay.

Rough Trax sell the exact same 'budget' version as those on eBay. But you know Rough Trax would honour any warranty. Not eBay. "2 year warranty" means nothing.

This is the seller I bought from.

So I'm going to either buy a Rough Trax 'premium' or the alu one from Oz.
            There is always the genuine Toyota option. The original radiators normally seem to last at least 15+ years! Not cheap but they do last

Comment

Working...
            X