Turbo whistle now a roar and a whirry bit fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo whistle now a roar and a whirry bit fixed

A couple of days ago my turbo started sounding like an old kettle coming to the boil. The truck (kzn130) still pulled just fine with no smoke.
    Split hose I thought. I'll investigate Saturday I thought..

Anyway yesterday the noise changed from a whistle to a loud tractor diesel chugging. Today having a look the exhaust has torn away from the flexi pipe part.
    The down pipe still looks fine so I'll replace the last 3 sections as the box and the rear section are both rusty. Looked on line and approx £180 for the 3 sections.. Bugger.

I then decided to look at my rear wiper that had stopped working. After poping the plastic off around the motor and undoing the 10mm nut the pulling the wiper off it was obvious that the problem was the plastic ball joint on the arm from the wiper motor to the spindle. Prized it off, filled with grease and the mech is all working again.

Sanded and resprayed the rusty wiper arm so will refit tomorrow.

make a side exit for your exhaust, nice and cheap

Comment

I don't think i could put up with the noise lol - the turbo whistle has grown on me though..

Comment

Because we all love pictures of holes I took this while plus gassing the bolts:

Comment

Got mine from Rough Trax.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=159&vid=1455

Cheaper than the genuine (which they also do) but seems great to me.

Comment

Yep ordered the last 3 sections from them as the downpipe is still ok on Moday.
            Delivered Tuesday.
            Fitted today for £40 at my local Fastfit on Riverside Rd. They appreciated my plus-gassing of the bolts which came straight out.

All in all £210 spent.

Now quite as a diesel mouse. Kind of miss that turbo whistle though..
            Good for another 9 years ownership I hope..

Comment

Working...
            X