No announcement yet.

Worley radiators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did actually grab one of these. Took about 10 days to get from Australia to Canada. Seems to be nice construction, well built. It is definitely an improvement over the 3rd gen plastic/metallic one, and all I had to do was some fab work to make a fan fit and I actually used some cheap stainless steel spatulas from the dollar store to make some mounts. lol

Working great, no worries here, but I WAS worried about how well it might be constructed after reading some of the reviews.

Comment

Thanks Dunl.
      Bit of pain in rear having to make up mounts.

What was the issue with fitting the fan? Was it due to the thickness of the radiator? The ones I'm looking at say the core is 56mm, which is a fair bit more than most others I see advertised (mainly about 40 to 48mm but much variation).
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-ROW-Toyo...-/181796743442

Comment

Originally posted by Jonthefish View Post
        Thanks Dunl.
        Bit of pain in rear having to make up mounts.

What was the issue with fitting the fan? Was it due to the thickness of the radiator? The ones I'm looking at say the core is 56mm, which is a fair bit more than most others I see advertised (mainly about 40 to 48mm but much variation).
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-ROW-Toyo...-/181796743442

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, I used a 2nd Gen rad on my 3rd gen, and the mounting locations were different. Definitely not an insurmountable job...just more work.

Darcy
        Last edited by Dunl; 23 October 2015, 17:56.

Comment

Well, I bought one for £104. Arrived extremely well packed in about 4 days. Fitted it today to 2nd Gen 3.0L.

Couple of niggles with mounts not quite lining up but 2 minutes with a round file sorted that - only out by a couple of mm at most.

Filled and burped. Gave it a run and all seems good. Overall impression is that it seems pretty well made. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Been in for 5 months now and cooling like a good 'un. So far so good.

Comment

Nice to see a follow-up It all sounds good.

Comment

my original '94 rad gave up the ghost today, and these seem to be the only decent international option for me that won't cost a fortune shipped.... wish me luck!
                RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

Three year in now and mine is still doing fine : )

Comment

Well mine's still going 4 years later... although packing wasn't great and had to epoxy repair a crack around the filler neck after arrival, and overall the fit is REALLY tight against the underside of bonnet (hare slamming the bonnet, and pretty sure I'm contacting it). They do cool great though. Read somewhere switching from OEM to alloy also effects your choice of coolant though, and you have to be careful that your asian/red brand doesn't eat ally now as well.

RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

Working...
                    X