Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-KZ TE head removal

Hi

Ordered new head for my gen 3 toda, so starting to remove the head.

I am looking at lifting the head, by hand, with both manifolds attached due to the egr pipe at the back.

Is there anything hiding at the back, near the EGR I need to be aware about before hoiking it off. Obviously the injector lines and feedback are off, top hose joint, turbo to manifold joint etc.

Ideally I am trying to break as little joints as possible.

Any advice will be most appreciated before the new head arrives. And come in out of the rain now.

City Link have still not found my brake calipers...........######s.

If anyone who has done a head swap with the engine in who lives local to Hudds can offer some pointing fingers it would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Andy

Head

Hi Andy,

Not done the head swap before but if you need help lifting it off I can assist.

Steven

Comment

What's a toda?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toda

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            What's a toda?
            Er, looks like a typo. Sorry

Thanks for the offer YD.

Comment

Hi all

Found out that the tightening torques for the new head bolst are 29ft-lb +90 +90 degree.
              Can't find the tightening sequence. Thought I had seen a scanned doc on a thread with the sequence on, but for the life of me know I can't find it.
              Is it a standard start at outside opposites working round working round each set of bolts in a similar manner until you reach the middle. Then go around again with the angle torque twice.

Is the timing belt tensioner on an allen bolt? can't quite see it properly at the moment. Luckily there is no play in the bolt, all looks relatively new, but going to fit new belt on rebuild anyway.

Head should be off by saturday, weather permitting.

Comment

Can't quite remember but I think there was a tightening sequence either in the box with the studs or with the head.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Page 5 in this pdf
                  HTH

http://www.kiwicylinderheads.com/Lin...w%3D&tabid=664
                  Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                    Can't quite remember but I think there was a tightening sequence either in the box with the studs or with the head.

Cheers

Ben
                    You do get a tightening sequence in with the new head

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie67 View Post
                      Is the timing belt tensioner on an allen bolt?
                      Yes, 10mm.

Nev.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all the info. I have also found a link to a full 1-kz te service book.
                        In the process of downloading that as well.

City link have found my brakes, and want to send them back to me..

Asked them to send them onto the initial recipient, just hope they don't lose them again.

Hoefully truck back on road by end of next week and can put the Soarer back into retirement. Spent a fortune on fuel...........but had some noisy fun.

Comment

Yay... New head arrived.
                          Boo....Wrong one.
                          1 KZTE must have had 2 different heads. One with a bung under number three intake and one with a spout.

Comment

All built now and rolling again. Dropping oil and water soon then fill with fresh and antifreeze.
                            Anyone tried the Evans waterless coolant. Supposed to put less stress on cooling system due to it not boiling and raising pressure.

Comment

Working...
                            X