I need a heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a heads up

Okay here we go with more problems. Sit-rep over the last few days.

T-belt, battery & oil light come on when the engine is running, they fade in as the revs increase and vice-versa.

The shuddering is returning.

The alternator has not been charging the batteries for two days (starter getting slower)

Tonight it didn't start. I bumped it and set off home. Then it started losing all power. Fortunately a kind policeman offered to follow me home. After a while of running with no electricity at all it started fading back in pretty quickly, the alternator started charging just as I was reaching home.

I won't get chance to look at it until Wednesday so would like to know where to start and what could be causing all this. Presumably its all related.

Is the alternator trashing my water pumps or vice-versa? No funny noises to report.

The alternator is fcuked.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

^
      WHS
      Although if you have partial output, I'd be inclined to have it repaired than buy a new one... Mine were both obliterated by mud - it chews through everything like you would not believe. Took the back off one and it was in bits inside...
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I cleaned and copper greased up the battery terminals and the lights have stopped coming on so I will see how it goes. It might have been down to poor contact.

Comment

Working...
        X