yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGR: Have I done the right part? "Ermahgerd, bet ee asn't Googled!" cry the regulars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR: Have I done the right part? "Ermahgerd, bet ee asn't Googled!" cry the regulars!

I have Googled but this is specific to me

So after Googling and finding so many pics (and dead links blah blah), I nipped up the tube coming from (or to) the "Flying Saucer".

I don't have my workshop manuals yet so can't really get stuck in.

But I have two similar ones and one matches one tutorial and one matches another

Somebody linked to this pic (in a thread on this site I found using Google ):

But some of the other tutorials show another similar one near by.

So here's mine:

Made no difference to the bellow of black smoke and soot that punched onto the drive (and does every time).

So I will go through the fuels additives and change all the filters. I'm actually going to get a full service (inc timing belt), this week...but would like to do my own filters to save on cost.

So, basically...have I done the right one?

The top pic is from a 2.4 so ignore that..

The one you have done is the EGR valve.

The top 'ufo' is for a small butterfly in the inlet that works in conjunction with the EGR valve. They are operated by the ECU.

Have a search for 'egr vsv' for a thread that explains what they are doing - There were a couple of threads created in the 3.0 section when I was doing mine.

Comment

So I'm golden?

I'll have a look at your suggestion, too. I've been reading a lot about it...it's just some people's pics don't help.

When my workshop manuals turn up...it'll be a lot easier.

Comment

I posted all the vsv info from the manual here.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I'll delve into that as another job, another time soon.

Just wanted to make sure I'd blocked of the correct one (EGR valve) and not some other, more important, part of the engine

Comment

When I replaced the head on my 2nd gen I did away with the whole lot and fitted the blanking plates with some gaskets I cut from proper gasket paper.
            My truck wasn't really smokey but it did seem a bit cleaner after the mod.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
            X