No announcement yet.

3r Gen rear diff breather for dummies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3r Gen rear diff breather for dummies!

Dear All,
    My extended unions from Toyota have arrived, pics below. I have also organized some cable/fuel line and jubilee clips. I have located the existing diff breather, sticking out of the top part of the diff, on the left (another pic attached). Now what? Is it as simple as unscrew the old one, screw the new one in, secure line with jubilee clip and Bob's your uncle? Also where should I thread the line through? Ideally I d like it to end up in the rear cubby hole, but how do I do that? I have tried the search button but have ended up going round in circles, maybe someone has a link to the right post for me? Thanks a lot and enjoy the s... (as in "s... word", white flakes and that).
    I have also posted a couple of pics of the car,the new coils have raised the back nicely....
    Attached Files

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
    Dear All,
    My extended unions from Toyota have arrived, pics below. I have also organized some cable/fuel line and jubilee clips. I have located the existing diff breather, sticking out of the top part of the diff, on the left (another pic attached). Now what? Is it as simple as unscrew the old one, screw the new one in, secure line with jubilee clip and Bob's your uncle? Also where should I thread the line through? Ideally I d like it to end up in the rear cubby hole, but how do I do that? I have tried the search button but have ended up going round in circles, maybe someone has a link to the right post for me? Thanks a lot and enjoy the s... (as in "s... word", white flakes and that).
    I have also posted a couple of pics of the car,the new coils have raised the back nicely....
    Yipee, I have sorted it. Not many replies to my post (well, none really!) but great tips from surfs:up, thanks!

Comment

I'd run it into the engine bay and then up your snorkel, if it gets wet at the top of your snorkel then a soggy box is the last of your worries..
      Don't use the cubby hole, it will stink.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        I'd run it into the engine bay and then up your snorkel, if it gets wet at the top of your snorkel then a soggy box is the last of your worries..
        Don't use the cubby hole, it will stink.
        Yes, thanks, I have actually run it into the engine bay but with plenty spare line, so I can always extend it into the snorkel later on.
        Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X