Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust

Looks like my 3rd gen has joined the cracked head club.

Never got hot, but had foam pouring out the expansion tank.

Had hoped it was gbox cooler but atf fluid is fine.

Drained the coolant system, flushed it, removed the stat and after 5 mins running with fresh water in it started to foam out the rad cap.

So for the moment its sat on the drive with the coolant system drained. not had chance to remove the head yet. Been busy getting other 4x4 back on the road whilst I overhaul the lux.

Couple of questions
    Where is the best place to get the following for quailty/price
    a replacement head( am i best getting a complete head ie ready to bolt on)
    new radiator

Also whilst car is stripped down is there anything else i should replace, ie water pump etc

Originally posted by SRI_GAZ View Post
    Looks like my 3rd gen has joined the cracked head club.

Never got hot, but had foam pouring out the expansion tank.

Had hoped it was gbox cooler but atf fluid is fine.

Drained the coolant system, flushed it, removed the stat and after 5 mins running with fresh water in it started to foam out the rad cap.

So for the moment its sat on the drive with the coolant system drained. not had chance to remove the head yet. Been busy getting other 4x4 back on the road whilst I overhaul the lux.

Couple of questions
    Where is the best place to get the following for quailty/price
    a replacement head( am i best getting a complete head ie ready to bolt on)
    new radiator

Also whilst car is stripped down is there anything else i should replace, ie water pump etc
    Roughtrax or Milners. I got mine from Milners mainly due to cost and had it fitted by TonyN. The first one i got from them had a prblem but they exchanged it with out any problems and paid for the labour incured. i changed the water pump at the same time made sense. The rad i got from roughtrax along with new hoses and clips from toyota. not had any problems with the truck since Tony done the head. hope this helps
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Previous owner had the head done last Sept. All parts inc radiator came from Roughtrax.

Comment

Cheers.

Is there a discount code for roughtrax or milners.

As priced up following earlier on roughtrax

Complete head kit (complete head, bolts, hg kit, cambelt), water pump, cambelt tensioner, pulley and radiator which comes to £1109.40

Luckily already got new stat, antifreeze and service kit as I was about to fully service the car.

Comment

Working...
        X