Timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt

I am at the moment checking all my bulbs on my instrument cluster with a multimeter, while the truck is in bits. I go to check one of the T5 bulbs, take the holder out and there is no bulb in it... it's the timing belt warning light!

I'll drop one of the other ones in for the time being to see if it's 'on' but I have no clue if and when it was changed.

It's on 195k so I think I'll be getting me a new belt soon!

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
    I am at the moment checking all my bulbs on my instrument cluster with a multimeter, while the truck is in bits. I go to check one of the T5 bulbs, take the holder out and there is no bulb in it... it's the timing belt warning light!

I'll drop one of the other ones in for the time being to see if it's 'on' but I have no clue if and when it was changed.

some remove the light bulb because they don't know how to reset it after the belt its being done
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post

If you fancy changing it yourself it's a piece of cake.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ht=belt+change
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

This morning... ignition on and timing belt light now comes on (after I put in another bulb). But it goes out when the truck is running. Hmmm... wonder if it was just borrowed to fit elsewhere?

Anyway, I'll be doing the timing belt at 200k regardless.

Comment

Light bulbs

As the light comes on initially and then goes out, means everything is fine. It's so you can check if the bulbs are good or not. They only indicate something is wrong when they stay on. To turn off the timing belt light, there are numerous threads using the search function.

Comment

Working...
          X