yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine coughs and produces smoke???? Cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine coughs and produces smoke???? Cause?

All,

A quick tap into some know how if I can. Having come back from a stint away I've noticed the engine on my '95 KZN130 is coughing a little when revved from idling and producing a puff of smoke. I presume this happens when driving but isn't noticeable.

I've just tried again and sat outside revving it gradually there is a slight splutter and puff of smoke out of the exhaust every few seconds. Can anyone give me an idea of the cause? Even better would be an added solution for any possibilities.

Other than that the truck has been running well after a period of inactivity. Currently half way through installing a rear work light after researching other people's efforts on here. I just need the time to complete it.

Thanks again in advance,

T.

Dirty fuel filter?
    Sticky injector?

Renew the fuel filter, if it's an old one, and fill it with injector cleaner such as Redex or Millers before re-fitting.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Bushwhacker.

I've run REDEX through the last 2 tanks of fuel but I will change the filter and stick some more in as that is within my ability. However, with my limited knowledge it seems too regular a stutter to be a filter issue? Maybe I'm wrong - wouldn't surprise me!!

How can I tell if its a injector issue? That did cross my mind but that's where my knowledge stops!!!

Cheers,

Tom.

Comment

I'm pleased to say that after a filter change brimmed with Forte from Roughtrax it seems to be running a lot smoother.
        There was a fair amount of c$*p in the filter and I haven't even been running veg oil so maybe that was a cause. Will change fuel filters more regularly (it's been 2 years although not much use from being away) now as a result.

Cheers,

T.

Comment

Fuel filters are pretty important and most people turn a blind eye when servicing. When I did mine I found lumps of brown sludge in it :s

Comment

Working...
          X