Surf / 4runner parts compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf / 4runner parts compatibility?

hello venerable Toyota HiLux experts, quick question that I haven't been able to solve myself clearly from the the Toyota parts catalogue, if I may?

does anybody know if the running gear, primarily the front driveshafts from a RHD 3.0 auto Surf, are likely to fit a LHD 3.0 manual 4runner?

Both 93/94 cars, had a bit of a look and they look to be the same, but that seems somehow a bit unlikely given the variations in manual/auto and LHD/RHD?

any ideas? would they fit on both RHD cars? it does all kind of look to be in the same place and same lengths etc.
    Biggus Truckus..

I haven't a Scooby but I bet either TonyN or Nifty Nev would know

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
      I haven't a Scooby but I bet either TonyN or Nifty Nev would know
      good point, TonyN once serviced my first Surf a few years ago, and Nev knows pretty much everything too, now just have to wait for one of them to turn up
      Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Wotcha, driveshafts are all the same, only real drivetrain difference between Surf vs 4Runner is the transfer case, and Auto and Manual rear props are different lenghts, regardless if its a Surf or 4Runner though.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Wotcha, driveshafts are all the same, only real drivetrain difference between Surf vs 4Runner is the transfer case, and Auto and Manual rear props are different lenghts, regardless if its a Surf or 4Runner though.
          Hi Tony, good news, and thanks hows tricks in Basingstoke these days? you still at the same place?
          Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Working...
          X