Stainless Exhaust wanted maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Exhaust wanted maybe?

Well the old girl decided to fail her MOT today.
    The mid section of the exhaust with the flexi joint has a hole in it.
    The rest of the exhaust looks a bit tatty too.

Do I

1. Just change the section for one from Milners?
    2. Change the whole lot?
    3. Change it for a Stainless Steel Exhaust that will not rust so easy?

I have changed the back box twice and the rear pipe one in 10 years.

Do we know anyone who does Stainless off the shelf or are they all made to order?

What to do?

Cheers

Steve

Dont know of anyone doing an off the shelf set up over here and it probably would be silly money if they did due to low numbers. You can get a stainless one made up by a lot of custom exhaust places I think its around the 300.00 mark. Have a look using the search button as this has been looked at a few times before and might give you some pointers.

If you want to go stock quick and cheap to get you through the MOT while you decide / research Ive got a second hand mid section in good condition no holes etc, a rear section with about a years use before it got removed and a brand new downpipe still in its packaging which I can do. I might even have a decent flexi attached to the mid section - Ill have a look. Let me know if interested and Ill give you a price

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
      Dont know of anyone doing an off the shelf set up over here and it probably would be silly money if they did due to low numbers. You can get a stainless one made up by a lot of custom exhaust places I think its around the 300.00 mark. Have a look using the search button as this has been looked at a few times before and might give you some pointers.

If you want to go stock quick and cheap to get you through the MOT while you decide / research Ive got a second hand mid section in good condition no holes etc, a rear section with about a years use before it got removed and a brand new downpipe still in its packaging which I can do. I might even have a decent flexi attached to the mid section - Ill have a look. Let me know if interested and Ill give you a price

I think you should give him a price anyway seeing as you're trying to flog him something he's not asked for.

Comment

here!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170945616495
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I got a full stainless from Wayne at JAC in Hucknall. Very pleased with it. Depending on what you want it will be ~350.

www.jacexhausts.co.uk
          7/1 Wigwam La
          Nottingham
          NG15 7SZ
          0115 963 5556
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Sorry guys - had good intentions but came across as shameful plug. It was late so didnt really think it through before posting, consider my neck wound in

Comment

I don't mind being offered bits that will solve the problem and I must apologise for not checking back sooner.
              In the end I ordered the mid section from Milners.
              As ever the time factor plays a part.
              My heart says stainless but for a truck that only gets used 1000km per year my wallet says the bare bones.
              The Jimsters stainless guy is not far away and I might have somone within walking distance of home.
              I will see how we go on.
              If it all goes ti*s up when they try to remove the old one I may go stainless.
              It will add resale value to the truck if nothing else.
              If I do I will post my findings

Thanks for all the offers and advise

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X