Thermostat needed KZN185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat needed KZN185

The Surf's come back from a service (with other minor work done) but the garage are unable to track down a thermostat. They've tried Milners and I also suggested RoughTrax but still no joy. I've looked on eBay and there seem to be a few readily available there but the garage will only guarantee parts sourced by themselves. I haven't suggested eBay to them but have a feeling they won't go for it. I could just buy one and fit it myself but it'd be good for future reference anyway if I can put them on to a reputable supplier of Surf parts. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by TeaMonsta; 21 November 2012, 20:25.

It's the same one as the 2nd gen 3.0.

Roughtrax list it here.

I also posted the blueprint part number here.

Oh look here's the thermostat on milners site too.
    Last edited by wishbone; 21 November 2012, 20:13.

Comment

Thanks Wishbone. The garage are already aware (and often deal with) Milners. I've told them about RoughTrax, too, so I'm assuming both places are out of stock. So I'm wondering where else I might suggest to them since they seem to be struggling. I'll pass that part number on to them, though. Could make the difference

Comment

Any decent factors will get the blueprint one in.

Or you could try the tyre people camskill.co.uk - they stock blueprint stuff too.

Yep camskill stock it too.

Comment

Great stuff. Cheers Wishbone; I'll let 'em know tomorrow.

Comment

Blue Print

I second the blue print choice. They are quality too. Treat yourself to a new rad cap too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
              I second the blue print choice. They are quality too.
              Good to hear. It's nice to be confident in the parts that are getting fitted.

Comment

Turns out it's not a thermostat that's needed but a coolant temperature sender unit; an electrical component with one wire coming out of it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (See post here also: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...703#post781703 )

Comment

Main dealer?

Main dealer? Mine (FRF Toyota Haverfordwest) are hugely helpful. I use them for anything that Milner / Roughtrax / Factors don't stock.
                  Contrary to what some of them will tell you about not being able / allowed to get parts for import vehicles, they just type in the VIN and can order anything I've ever needed. They've even ordered 'surf specific' parts for me direct from Japan.

PM me if you need email address for their parts department

Comment

Thanks Jon. Just e-mailed them. Hopefully I'll get a result soon.

Comment

Just had the RoughTrax temperature sender unit fitted which works a treat.

Comment

Working...
                      X