Anti-roll bar linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
    During the emissions test does your tester rev the nuts off your engine?

The first bit of the emissions test as I was having a conversation with the testers next victim was ok I could hear the turbo start to spool up and it sounded quite nice "yep thats' my truck" then the fcuker buried his foot in the carpet and all I could think was " my baby my poor baby"
    No idea, I leave it with the mechanic who replaces a boot or two then I collect it with a certificate. what happens in between I don't know...
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
      No idea, I leave it with the mechanic who replaces a boot or two then I collect it with a certificate. what happens in between I don't know...
      My paranoia would not allow that.
      If it was allowed I would be following him around seeing what he was poking and proding
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

My paranoia would not allow that.
        If it was allowed I would be following him around seeing what he was poking and proding
        I know what you mean. I was like that with the Monaro... but the surf is more like letting thing the mrs go for a cervical smear. You know it's unpleasant, so best not to know the detail...:\
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

If you can afford to run a surf, you can afford drop links. Stop arguing about mts,, just get to know your tester personally if you can't afford drop links you have the wrong car...
          ======
          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            I know what you mean. I was like that with the Monaro... but the surf is more like letting thing the mrs go for a cervical smear. You know it's unpleasant, so best not to know the detail...:\
            LOL what a lovely image you have created. That post most definitely does not need pics

Originally posted by andy_enuff View Post
            If you can afford to run a surf, you can afford drop links. Stop arguing about mts,, just get to know your tester personally if you can't afford drop links you have the wrong car...
            The thread was concerning what parts the OP needed for his retest.
            As the description of the part that required attention is different than what the OP understood.Hence his need to ask here about some clarification.

Your comment on "if you can't afford drop links you have the wrong car",is false if the parts had failed on my Subaru or on a Skoda,or on a Seat they would still need to be replaced,regardless of costs.

The main thrust of the discussion was about the removal of the ARB on the basis that if it is not there the MOT tester can not fail it,however the OP would not be able to have the vehicle retested with the ARB removed.

The discussion also questioned if the ARB was removed before the test was conducted.At no point did the OP mention costs.

I see my MOT station once a year,they have four MOT testers,which one would you suggest I engaged in a relationship with?
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff View Post
              You have completely misunderstood the conversation, (not arguement) if you either cant be arsed to read it all or have and cant be arsed to take anything said on board then dont comment.

As shokenore said, we were discussing the rules around arb being removed, if it were the case an urgent mot is needed and dont have time to wait for links, or if personal financial reasons dont allow you to buy them yet. They may be cheap enough but this dosent mean that if needed everyone can buy them straight away.
              well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by johnsiddle View Post
                I seem to have opened a can of worms without intending to.

It would be good to hear from Warrior (if he is still a member) he has the book.

There's a sticky somewhere on here with a link to the full testing manual

Comment

LOL what a lovely image you have created. That post most definitely does not need pics

The thread was concerning what parts the OP needed for his retest.
                  As the description of the part that required attention is different than what the OP understood.Hence his need to ask here about some clarification.

Your comment on "if you can't afford drop links you have the wrong car",is false if the parts had failed on my Subaru or on a Skoda,or on a Seat they would still need to be replaced,regardless of costs.

The main thrust of the discussion was about the removal of the ARB on the basis that if it is not there the MOT tester can not fail it,however the OP would not be able to have the vehicle retested with the ARB removed.

The discussion also questioned if the ARB was removed before the test was conducted.At no point did the OP mention costs.

I see my MOT station once a year,they have four MOT testers,which one would you suggest I engaged in a relationship with?

I'd go for the female one......

Comment

Originally posted by johnsiddle View Post
                    [/U][/I][/B][/B]

I'd go for the female one......
                    I've been in motor trade 17 years and only ever met 2 female technicians, and both could probably grow a better beard than me!

Comment

Working...
                    X