yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd whistling from forward nearside (KZN185)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has a moan/whistle which comes and goes.Also seems to be the passenger footwell area and doesn't start until it picks up a little speed. Having said that, it apparently did it before I got it and doesn't seem to make any difference. I did suspect the water pump but there are no leaks or any play. I just ignore it, but now it's mentioned the noise stays at the same pitch.

Comment

Hi.

After doing some more research, this appears to be a common fault on 1kzte engine.
      I came across the same issue on australian pradopoint and then on UK land cruiser forum too.

There is spring type valve on the fuel pump that needs to be adjusted.
      It sounds like an easy fix. I will try this on my surf as soonest i get a chance and i will post the results.

In the mean time please see the original thread with pics and info. Thanks

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewt...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Looks like you have found the answer! Haven't tried the fix yet but if it works there'll be alot of happy Surf owners driving about whistle-free.

Comment

Job done. The most annoying whistle is now gone

As mentioned on the other forum, it takes less the 2 min to fix the issue.

I used 17mm spanner to remove the banjo bolt on top of the fuel pump and then split it open on the bench. I stretched the spring by only small amount and the problem is fixed.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xpro View Post
            Job done. The most annoying whistle is now gone
            Had a look at the component in question whilst I had the bonnet up yesterday and it does look like it's easy to get to and tackle. Even for muppets like me. Got someone travelling 600 miles to view my Surf on Tuesday, though, so I won't be trying the fix myself as it's just my luck I'll cross-thread the thing or shear it off or something before he gets here. I will point it out to him, though, and send him the link to this thread. Reckon this thread should be made a sticky now that you've found the answer to an age old question.

Comment

Working...
            X