Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Intermitant Starting problem !

Yes its driving me mad ! (3rd gen)

My immoboliser has a button whch needs to be pressed after the ignition is turned on to start the vehicle.

Sometimes it starts fine but other times I just get a loud click from under the bonnet.

The alarm company say it is not the immoboliser as I get the click after the fob has been pressed and get nothing if I dont press the keyfob - so there is a difference.

This is happening about six times per week - all help appreciated.

Many thanks

Its probably the contacts in the starter motor.

You can buy a repair kit from Roughtrax, and isn't to much hassle getting the starter out on a 3rd Gen.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Starter Motor

Thanks I think that may be the problem. Roughtrax say you can check the terminal is a 17mm spanner size to confirm it has the 2.7kw starter but I cannot get in to see that at all. I followed the positive battery cable but it disappears where I cannot get in to see it. Should I just order the kit anyway - is it pretty likely to be the right one ? Thanks
      PS the vin number is K2N185-0003955

Comment

Can you see the sticker which also identifies the starter.

It's a KZN .....

Comment

Starter Motor

I cannot see the starter motor ! Should I be looking from underneath the vehicle ?

Comment

Yes, nearside.
            Сви можемо

Comment

Starter motor

Impossible to see from underneath so I am going to order the 2.7kw repair kit.
              Has anyone seen a 2.2kw starter fitted from new on a 3rd gen to reassure me?

Comment

I've not done many 3rd Gens, but all I've done have used the same kits as 2nd Gen 3.0 kits.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Its only a few months since I did mine and I used the roughtrax 2.7kw kit. So I think you ll be safe enough ordering it.
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                  X