yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel tuning chips any good and which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel tuning chips any good and which one?

Hi folks ive been looking at these diesel tuning chips and piggy back computers that are available. Has anybody used them, which ones and is there improvements in response and fuel consumption.

Many thanks

Marty

I imagine if they were any good there would be a number of guides and a sticky somewhere in the forum to alert people to them but I couldn't see anything.

Hopefully someone with experience with them will be along to offer some advice.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

They wont do these old timers any favours. On more modern engines they are still not that great, not compared to a remap anyway.

You could advance the fuel pump slightly as turbo diesels almost always run lean from the factory. You could up the boost on the turbo as well but I would get a better temperature gauge fitted.

However if you did these I would say fit a less restrictive exhaust. This will get the most out of the gains but more importantly reduce engine temperatures. I was reading on Yotatech that a lot of people believe the cylinder head issues are mainly caused by the exhaust getting very hot. This overheating can not necessarily effect the water enough to boil it. It makes sense as people have had cylinder heads crack when the water temperature was never at dangerous temperatures.

Comment

www.dpchip.com

I have one installed in my 185, and love it.

Comment

Working...
        X