Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Hi everyone, got a major problem and hope someone can help. To cut a long story short was up at Glentarkie off road course the other day and decided... as you do... to venture into deep water. Was stuck for about 10min before being pulled out. The engine ran all the time and only conked out when on dry land but started again first time and I drove home about 15mile no problem. I have started the engine 2 or 3 times after this and it ran no problem. Went out today and although it turns over it conks out right away with loads of white smoke from the exhaust. I have tried repeatedly to start but with the same results...any advice!

I'd pull the glowplugs and crank it over to make sure all the water has gone and it turns over with no problems, then run it of a tank of new diesel in case the tank breather is open and its got water into the fuel.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      I'd pull the glowplugs and crank it over to make sure all the water has gone and it turns over with no problems, then run it of a tank of new diesel in case the tank breather is open and its got water into the fuel.
      Hi Tony, I did what you advised but it didnt work...so I had athought!! The ECU would have been flooded when sitting in the water, so I stripped it down
      and dried it out with high pressure compressed air, plugged it all back in and HEY PRESTO, she started on the first turn of the key. Gonna move it higher up when I have the time. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Did you do it in the big pond? It's claimed a few victims lol
        Glad it's all ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
          Did you do it in the big pond? It's claimed a few victims lol
          Glad it's all ok though.
          No done it in the deep water next to the grass field at the bottom of the hill. It wasnt so much the water, as the mud beneath it, the surf just sunk right in and the more I tried to get out the deeper she sunk...lol. Got 35 Stt Coopers on they just acted like shovels diggin there way further in.

Comment

Our wee Jimny just bobbed it's way through it.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
            X