No announcement yet.

KZN130 Brake Pads - recommendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN130 Brake Pads - recommendations...

Evening All,

Just a bit of advice please on replacement Brake pads. I put my '96 Gen 2 in for an MoT this morning and it sailed through (you've got to love the Hilux!). However, the front pads need changing. Having searched here I can only find older threads so I was just wondering what pads people recommend now?

1. Genuine Toyota from Roughtrax,

2. Milners?

3. Any others?

Is the front pad fitting kit required or can you just re-use the pins etc?

Any advice before I get round to it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom.

I've got green stuff on mine, probably a bit over kill, and they take a while to "grab" from cold.
    Concensus is regular pads from a motor factor are fine...as is re using the pins etc...
    Obviously inspect replaced parts for wear before refitting....
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks for that. I will look into the motor factors down here in Poole. Original Toyota pads aren't worth the extra then?

Cheers,

Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by TASR12 View Post
        Thanks for that. I will look into the motor factors down here in Poole. Original Toyota pads aren't worth the extra then?

Cheers,

Tom.
        It's all relative.
        If you drive like you stole it all day long, or tow heavy loads up and down dale, then get good quality pads that won't fade when hot.
        If you drive like miss daisey's chauffeur then a wet sponge will stop you...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

After my epic fail yesterday (every job on mine turns into a saga due to everthing being corroded into place) I would recommend getting the fitting kit. I've had to order one yesterday as I'm guessing that I will be cutting the current pins in half to get them out, happy days.

I had to get the BIG ratchet to get the caliper bolts squealing their way out.

Even after a little WD40 to assist, I guess a smart tap with a hammer wasn't the smart move to try to remove the old ones...

Add in a tyre and a couple of other bits and bobs and it turned out an expensive weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X