no brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no brakes

hi, I filled my surf with petrol recently and since we drained it and got it going with diesel again the brake warning light has been on, i have covered 200miles since to give the engine a good run and the batteries a good charge. I was looking to investigate the warning light issue this bank holiday but have just piked my girlfriend up to find the brake pedal is now hitting the floor and im only just about stoping eventually . i havenent checked anything yet to be fair as i have just go in from work and im shatered. I assume i will have to take the wheel off to check the pads ?, Is there a usual problem that its likely to be ? when i was waiting for the misses to come out from work i tried pumping the brakes, the pedal did pump and nearly go hard but then a harder pump and pedal hit floor if that makes any sence. I dont really wan2 book it in garage if i can sort it myself so any advice welcome thanks.

Either the seals in the master cylinder are worn or the brake pipe has burst behind the fuel tank.
    Any puddles on the foor near the rear wheel after you've floored the pedal?

Comment

i will check in the morning, can you get these parts from most auto factors if its the case ? just to save me messing about where is the brake fluid located under the bonnet ? only asking encase its labelled in Japanese.

Comment

Er, if you have to ask where the brake fluid reservoir is, I think you should take it to a garage and let them work on your brakes.

Comment

Reservior is located on the left at the rear of the engine bay, as previously said check for any leaks but if your aren't sure of what your doing either get it in to a garage or get someone who knows what they are doing to come and help you. Last thing you want is to make a mistake with the braking system.
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

and don't pike your girlfriend...
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

?

?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by red barron View Post
                ?
                Nice catch

Comment

Don't worry guys my mate will be sorting the problem, I just wan2 find out the problem and pick up the parts

Comment

ok, so looked at truck this morning and the fluid was low and there was a small patch on the floor next to the tire at the rear on the drivers side but no sign of where it has come from. Ive toped up the fluid but its made no difference so im assuming there must be air getting into the system ?

Comment

As Vince said in Post 3, the pipes up behind the fuel tank have burst. Look in the O/S rear wheel arch, you'll see the chassis is wet.

You don't have air getting in, you have fluid getting out.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

could be the rear wheel cylinder, is there any wet marks on the inside of the wheel or around the drum?
                        www.apmautos.com

Comment

definitely a split pipe, there was shit loads of wet sand up there from previous owner so probably the salt that's rotted through the pipe, halfords tried robing me blind saying they need to drop the fuel tank to do the job lol, but got a quote for £150 in the end so not so bad.

Comment

he said 90 for labour and the parts will be 40-50 pound

Comment

He's taking the #### with both. That's a £50 job.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X