Olive oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive oil

Question for you veg oil users i been offered 100ltrs of olive oil(not used) £55 might have some marks where i fell lol but would it be as good as veg or for the price does it really matter.
    "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

Probably a question for Popeye.

However, olive oil usually has quiet a high water content and isn't as finely filtered. If you're prepared to heat it to drive off the water, then filter it (or hope it doesn't clog your truck filter) go for it. Pretty sure it gels at a higher temperature than other veg oils (like sunflower, peanut, rape seed etc)

Comment

Thanks Might give it a miss then.

Comment

Don't completely discount it on my say so though. It'll probably be fine if you mix it with plenty dinosaur diesel. I would worry if I was using it at greater than 50% mix, especially if the temperature was regularly approaching 0°C.

Comment

hes keeping it till the weekend anyway.

Comment

Chuck some unleaded in it. It thins it more than diesel. Up to 10% should be fine.

Comment

works out 55p a ltr

Comment

I would tend not to. olive oil tends to be thicker, less filtered and doesn't like the cold. Get a bottle of veg oil and a bottle of olive, stick them in the garden tonight then look at them in the morning. I think that may answer your question to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                  my maths is probably crap but that is not so cheap for 100 ltrs of olive oil.
                  Yes it is
                  And
                  Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X