Non Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Starter

Hi I Have a Gen 3, 3 litre auto, its fitted with an Auto watch 239ti immobiliser. We have been having difficulties starting, there are no solenoid chatter just either start fine or not at all.
    Batteries appear ok, charged and checked with hygrometer. With a jump battery or the charger in start mode there is no attempt to start.
    Battery voltage only changes by 0.1 volt, could be starter relay, which checks out ok. With headlights on, no drop in illumination.
    Only fluctuation visible is the clock display dims when trying to start.

The immobiliser works differently now than when I bought the vehicle, initially removing the ignition key shut the car down, now I can (when it starts) remove the key and reinsert and start up without using the immobiliser key.
    Does any one have the set up instructions for the immobiliser, just in case I have got it in some odd mode like edit.

Could be an earth fault.
    Are the battery terminals tight? What about the battery to body earth cable?

Comment

starter motor contacts ?
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Starter Connector

Hi, cleaned up terminals, not a huge improvement but better. The connector for the solenoid has a clip as I understand it, unfortunately it is difficult to get off and I don't want to break the connector. I assume the lock pivots from the rear as there appears to be a hinge arrrangement there. I have tried screwdriver but no go.
        Have decided to order repair kit, don't know if the starter has been repaired so it wont be lost.

Comment

Working...
        X