What temps does the autobox run at ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What temps does the autobox run at ?

Tried a search, but nothing specific found.

I want to fit a T piece into the outlet of the gearbox oil and put a fan switch in it to run a fan on my atf cooler when it starts getting too warm.

Need to know the operating temps of the gearbox, or maybe what temp the atf light comes on at on the dash.

Thanks,
    Rob.

"The FSM mentions ranges of 122-176F and 158-176F for "normal" ATF operating temperatures with the 343 trans."

Found this on another forum, can anyone confirm ?

Comment

Lexurf's normal operating transmission temps are around 74C. which is roughly 164F, with a 2" bodylift.
      The transmissions are A341e, basically the same as the Surf's.

Comment

My Apologies for the Hijack,
        Vince, I need a question answering, My autobox does not engage the T/C lockup Until the engine temp is around 45/50 degree's, Is it about right?
        Cheers
        Tony
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
          My Apologies for the Hijack,
          Vince, I need a question answering, My autobox does not engage the T/C lockup Until the engine temp is around 45/50 degree's, Is it about right?
          Cheers
          Tony
          Yup.
          Although I'm not sure of the correct temperature, but the ECU does prevent lock-up until the fluid has some temperature in it. There's a temp sensor on the outlet pipe on the transmission.

Comment

Thanks Vince.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Yup.
              Although I'm not sure of the correct temperature, but the ECU does prevent lock-up until the fluid has some temperature in it. There's a temp sensor on the outlet pipe on the transmission.
              Cheers Mate thought so, My old omega did the same
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X