Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi, I've just bought an M plater. Is there anywhere to get manuals for engines and electrics?

Also, the truck has a Turbo Timer fitted. I'm assuming that it is a timer relay of some sort. Anyone got one of these and/or have any idea where to find it? Basically, once the ignition is switched off, it triggers a 60 second timer which then switches off the engine.

I've removed the 2 non working stereos, wiring and the wired-in power aerial bypass switch. Great fun. New stereo installed and working a treat. I was surprised to if d decent Alpine speakers installed.
    Last edited by Loobs; 1 January 2012, 16:44. Reason: Incorrect message typed

normally a turbo timer is stuck on the dash or ashtray area. They are fitted to allow the oil in the turbo to cool after a hard drive, not needed for everyday driving.

There are many different type and some can do all sorts of fancy things aswell.
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

Cheers for the info. There is a switched box about the size of a matchbox that has been mounted onto the dash on the flat section under the speedo, I will take a closer look at this.

I should add that this switch seems to do nothing.
      Last edited by Loobs; 1 January 2012, 17:35. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Having read the forum about turbo timers, a simple but effective solution without having to search for it. Put the tranny into P, foot still on brake, turn key off, engine stops, pull handbrake. Sorted...

Comment

hi i don't know anything about turbo timers but if your looking for manuals you can get some from roughtrax.com its an australian manual but is quite useful.

cheers
          Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Now removed and in the bin. And tidied up and made safe the fog light wiring. Jeez, there's some cowboys out there.

Comment

Working...
            X