heater matrix change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater matrix change?

Hi folks merry Christmas. I believe the heater matrix on the truck may be blocked as the warm air im getting through the fans well isnt warm and never gets warm.

I had a new head a few months ago due to the old one being cracked but before that i tried some copper rad weld type stuff which didnt work but i think this may of blocked the heater matrix.

The truck is getting up to normal working temp fine and the coolant valve to let the coolant through is working fine.

Just need a bit of advise on how hard is it to change the matrix and how much needs to come out. Next i was goinbg to take the return pipe of the bulkhead to see if any coolant was getting through.

If anyone has one available off a breaker let me know too please as it seems like the logical fault to me due to the history of what has happened.

Marty

If its the matrix from a 3.0 Gen 2 I will have one shortly for you (will be after xmas now if you can wait that long). Its sitting in my old truck at the yard ready to pull but its a five minute job if your interested.

You should be able to swap it over by removing the lower sections of the dash - glovebox etc. the top section is fairly narrow so you will have access to the majority of it from underneath in the passenger footwell.

Comment

ok ill look into it and may need a new one. I think mine is a gen 2 as ive just done the brake discs and had to take the whole hub off to get them off.

Comment

Let me know and Ill sort a price with shipping for you.

Comment

Hi n welcome Marty, meanwhile this maybe useful (courtesy of Bushwhacker)
          http://www.maplin.co.uk/in-car-ceramic-heater-48775

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Have you tried backflushing with a hosepipe?

Comment

no i havent looked at doing that yet but will try it today

Comment

Just blasted the system out with a hose and had plenty of brown water come out the other end. The heaters now get hot Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
                X