leaking rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking rad

discovered a leak of coolant on drive over last six months very slight level on resoivor goes from halfway to empty in that time. resolved to changing rad but laying below it today it may be from where the large hosepipe exits the rad. is there any way i can check this

Look under it with the engine hot and running. The cooling system will be pressurised, so you should see the leak easily enough.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

once again that makes a lot of sense really appreciate the tip

Comment

Originally posted by sid1 View Post
        once again that makes a lot of sense really appreciate the tip

Hi Sid,
        If you need any help let me know I live near leeds,
        always happy to help.

Gman.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

thanks Gman hoping it will be a simple leak from the pipe rather than the rad, dont fancy shelling out 200 notes for a new one

Comment

Cheap, good quality radiators link in this thread.....
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71921

Mine is a 2.7 petrol, but I suppose they can get the diesel rads too?

Comment

eBay have a lot of surf rads at the mo. Prices range from £100-£150

I bought a new rad (kzn130) from jap parts in Edgware for £132. Fitted it night before last which took 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
                eBay have a lot of surf rads at the mo. Prices range from £100-£150

I bought a new rad (kzn130) from jap parts in Edgware for £132. Fitted it night before last which took 3 hours.
                Personally, I'd not risk buying an eBay radiator.

And 3 hours to fit a radiator; seriously? What on earth went wrong?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Cheap, good quality radiators link in this thread.....
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71921

Mine is a 2.7 petrol, but I suppose they can get the diesel rads too?
                  Northern radiators web link not working for me, but it looks like they are local to OP so try giving them a call

Unit J, Apex Park
                  Parkfield Street
                  Leeds
                  LS11 5PH
                  Tel: (0)1132 435 051
                  Fax: (0)1132 457 486
                  Email: info@northernradiators.co.uk

Comment

Northern Radiators look like they have a comprehensive stock although surf not listed, i guess it would be the equivalent landcruiser model. thanks for info im hopeing it will be something less significant pipes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sid1 View Post
                      Northern Radiators look like they have a comprehensive stock although surf not listed, i guess it would be the equivalent landcruiser model. thanks for info im hopeing it will be something less significant pipes etc.

4Runner = Surf.

Comment

looks like its the rad, as suggested looking from below i can see that it most likely that rather than pipes. Bushwhacker 4runner unfortunately doesnt equal surf or at least not on the northern radiators site. does anyone know if there is a direct equivalent land cruiser rad

Comment

rourhtrax do one for £148.50 delivered which is better than i thought so maybe go with them

Comment

Working...
                          X