4WD not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD not working

I just bought a Surf 3.0l TD Manual but... no 4WD. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as I haven't a clue about mechanics.
    I have tested the 4WD switch on the High/Low gear stick with a multimeter and it's fine.
    The VSVs are not switching over when the button is pressed, when I swap the hoses over 4WD seems to engage (I can no longer turn the front propshaft) but no 4WD dash light.
    I can't get the plugs off the VSVs to check resistance (don't know if a special tool is needed?)
    I have checked the A.D.D switch, operates fine. I have bridged the terminals on the plug for the A.D.D switch... no change.

Got it fixed. If anyone else has the same problem here's what I did.
    I took the transfer motor from the transfer box out and and stripped it down, the magnets inside the spindle cover were loose but that could have happened when I used an impact driver to remove the cover as the screws were stuck solid, I cleaned the black stuff off the centre spindle, glued the magnets back into the cover (north, south, north, south), put it all back together making sure the cogs were in the 2WD position (because I was stuck in 2WD when I took it out), put it back onto the transfer box. I now have 4WD!

Comment

Good to know
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X