Deisel fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deisel fuel leak

I changed my rocker cover gasket as it was weeping and now that all the oil had gone i seem to have a what looks like a fuel leak from behind the throttle body (far right as you look at the engine with bonnet up). It has covered quite an area so hard to tell exactly where it is coming from and before i strip it down it would be nice to have the necessary seals/kits to replace if anyone has an idea of what it may be. thanks in advance!

Hi Oplayneo
    I also did my gasket last weekend, but there are no fuel lines to disconect when taking off the cover. They are all air pipes, so I am not sure what that can be unless anyone with more knowledge (Only owned a few months) can put him right.
    Dave

Comment

You're probably talking about oil in the intake leaking around the elbow from the crossover pipe to the intake manifold.

They often do it, there is a couple of gaskets either side of the butterfly valve section.

Its not really a problem if its just damp, but too much oil might mean it could be sucking air in, losing a little turbo pressure or just lots of crankcase pressure.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers for the info and knowledge, i will have a closer inspection and see what i find. It is also strange that i was down nearly 20% on the MPG i normally get on the last tank which equates to quite a lot of missing fuel. I don't think there are many more hills i could drive up on my short trips i do locally so cant blame it on a change of driving style, its definitely damp back there but i am sure i would notice 8-10lts of diesel pi**ing out?

Comment

Working...
        X