yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help/Service needed in Wiltshire/Dorset!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Service needed in Wiltshire/Dorset!

Hi all,

Im looking to get my ssr-x 3L ship-shape for a 15K trans african trip.

Does anybody recommend a trusty garage around north dorset/ south wilts that knows surfs and can give a thorough service? Lord Flashart suggested Martin Motors in Dorchester.
    Theres a list of stuff (all filters, flush the radiator, starter motor kit, bushes replaced etc. etc.) I know that needs seeing to but I'm sure a much bigger list unknown to me that will also need seeing to.

Ideally I'd be doing as much as I can myself to learn about the vehicle (I'm sure I could work it out with a manual and some common sense)...but if anybody local has a few hours spare and is willing to take me through some basics or even muck about with the car that'd be even better... but time is precious, I know that.

Cheers
    Driving from the UK to SA for Combat Stress.

Manuals from Roughtrax.....invaluable....fo r everything else in life there is Mastercard.
    Last edited by Overland Tonka; 27 September 2011, 18:48.
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Thats a start... What kind of mods have you done to prep yours for overland? I've got ideas, but its always good to see what others are up to. All going well in Morocco?

Comment

Originally posted by uktosa View Post
        Thats a start... What kind of mods have you done to prep yours for overland? I've got ideas, but its always good to see what others are up to. All going well in Morocco?
        Go to the link below and look at all the pages for pics and chat...

I'm back now but off next year for the big trip... No real truck mods other than various new bits like bearings and brakes. 2inch suspension with LC springs. Usual service fluids and oils. ATF cooler and complete new cooling system.

The rest is the usual overlanding equipment which you can do on the cheap or spend money for a bit of comfort and convenience.

Best buy is an Engel fridge....no question about it.

http://daemon4x4.org/board/topic.php?id=4485
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

If you're planning a trip like that I'd say you've gotta do it yourself to learn a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
            If you're planning a trip like that I'd say you've gotta do it yourself to learn a bit.
            Or pay me.......or become good at running...
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
              Agreed, I'm all about the learning.

Comment

Working...
              X