Rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear springs

Hi all My surf has a sas i know i need to change the springs so here are the questions should i change the shocks too and can i do it by jest clamping springs(jacking up and wheels off too lol) as im not that keen on taking the brake pipes off and then bleeding.

Here are the parts i will be getting if needs be.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/categor...?cID=10326&p=2
    the blue springs and standard shocks as needed.

Sorry if thats has been covered but cant seem to find same(ish) q&a
    "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

You don't need to do anything to the brakes apart from unbolt the center T-piece on the middle of the diff so you can let the axle hang down on its radius arms. Then you can often get the springs in and out easily.

Its a good idea to change the shocks, most are pretty weak by now, but you don't 'have' to, they will bottom out sooner offroad, but you'll not notice it on road with just 2" shocks much.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the reply seeing as she will be up i will get the shocks done too and if and its a big if the rain holds off for a few days i will under seal her too.
      Thanks again

Comment

Hey all changed the coils on her the old ones were easy to compress not like the new ones, couldnt splash out on new shocks this month but dont know if its me but she feels much better there was i bit of a rattle b4 the change but now she is silent.

On another note while we had this warm dry weather i waxoiled her ready for the winter months my next things i be doing on her are fuel filter oil change and air filter and do the timing(garage for that) once i got her manically sound it be time for the chrome and paint work.

thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Working...
        X