oil from filter drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil from filter drain

I dont seem to be able to find why the oil is coming from the filter drain pipe on my 3.0. 93L The underside has a lot of oil coming from the drain but never seems to drip so it must be whilst driving. the engine is sweet as a nut and it I had the head pressure tested and each valve is normal, why does the oil seem to come from this pipe, i see a lot of threads asking about the oil but no answers to why it happens, also how to stop it. if you know the answer or can point me to the thread it would be great. thanks
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Is the filter tight?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Is the filter tight?
      yes, not as tight as i could turn it by hand so I dont know if tight enough...I will do a filter & oil change to see if helps, if it dont do you know any reason for oil blowing out of the drain pipe? cheers
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

When you remove the filter check the condition of the rubber seal. One of my mates cut his seal when replacing his filter and dosnt notice it. At idle it wad fine but when yoy reved the engine it used to leak through the cut
        Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Make sure you don't have the old seal from a previous filter still stuck on there as well, and that the filter mating surface is clean and smooth. The only reason you'll be dripping oil from that tube, is if oil is leaking at the filter, but it sounds like this is only happening when the oil pressure gets up while driving.
          '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

many thanks, I am doing it tomorrow, could not get one today as bank hols. I know that the oil pressure sits at right place, drops into last quarter on tickover when hot and sits half way in second quarter (same as my 2.4)
            I guess it must be a seal issue, I am going to do a full steam clean and do a full service then see if it happens again... if I dont mention it again it will mean that this worked, thanks guys
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
              When you remove the filter check the condition of the rubber seal. One of my mates cut his seal when replacing his filter and dosnt notice it. At idle it wad fine but when yoy reved the engine it used to leak through the cut
              The seal on the old filter was twisted where it had either been put on wrong or too tight. cheers...one of the problems sorted
              NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
                The seal on the old filter was twisted where it had either been put on wrong or too tight. cheers...one of the problems sorted
                Happy to hear it was an easy fix!
                '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Working...
                X