Viscous fan oil, urgent!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viscous fan oil, urgent!!

Hi gents, removed the fan and filled it with new oil yesterday. The only oil I could get was rated at "700 cts", the chap in the shop reckoned this was an abbreviation for 7000 cts. Problem is, the fan is worse than before now. It now gets hot uphill running solo whereas before it was only when towing!

Can you actually get a 700 cts oil or is it an abbreviation? The old stuff came out like treacle, the new stuff is like "thick" water. What would you describe the consistency of the proper stuff as.

Thanks

Youve been done. The guy in the shop is a, ---- well just a guy in a shop.
    One of the units for measuring viscosity is centistokes ( CST) The higher the number the higher the viscosity. 700cst is a long way from 7000cst. You may as well have urinated in your coupling for all the use 700cst oil will do. You need to repeat the process with the right oil.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      Youve been done. The guy in the shop is a, ---- well just a guy in a shop.
      One of the units for measuring viscosity is centistokes ( CST) The higher the number the higher the viscosity. 700cst is a long way from 7000cst. You may as well have urinated in your coupling for all the use 700cst oil will do. You need to repeat the process with the right oil.
      Cheers Bogus, that's what I thought but wanted to confirm it. Obviously until I stripped the old unit I hadn't a clue how thick it was supposed to be, now I know.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X