New Rad Hits Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rad Hits Hood

I just took my Rad to the repair shop to have the top tank replaced and re-cored. Picked it up today and tried to stick it in. Unfortunately the new top tank is more square than round and hits the hood on the front. Any easy way around this without having it re-done with a different top tank?

You could mount it slightly lower, just make sure the cap remains higher than the outlet hose from the engine to prevent airlocks.

Or you could 'trim' the sheet metal where it touches the radiator, there's a double skin section around there.

Comment

Or mount the radiator a wee bit futher back.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Some good advice there. Whatever happens, don't allow the radiator to have any pressure at all on the bonnet when you close it, because it will eventually cause the radiator to leak. Long-term pressure when the car is bouncing around over roads will put excess force on the top tank and it will split.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I ended up taking it back to the shop that did the work on the rad as they offered to re-install it for free as they deal with these problems often.

Comment

Working...
          X