rad change probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rad change probs

just changed my leaking old rad today for a RT recon one.
    filled with red AF and topped up.
    i left if for ticking over for a while with the rad cap off to let any bubbles out.
    i had a leaking top hose so repaired that easily.
    took it for a little drive, and when i got back i had water ####ing out of somewhere.
    not top or bottom hose so im now suspecting water pump !!
    can changing the rad/doing AF lead to any issues that could blow water pump seal/gasket or is it just a coincidence ?

and which water pumps are better ??
    Roughtrax or milners ?

many thanks

You sure it wasn't just bleeding the heater matrix(es).

Comment

pretty sure. its all coming out from cam belt area, near water pump even though i cant see where exactly

Comment

There is a tell tale on the pump casing, just behind the pulley.

If the radiator has been leaking, the system will not have been pressurising. Now, with the new radiator fitted, the system is pressurising and may well have blown the pump seal. An unhappy coincidence I'm afraid.

All that is assuming it's the pump, as you can't see it, it may be something else.

I'd buy Roughtrax. And it's a simple(ish) job.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

With regard to the roughtrax water pump, I purchased mine off ebay heres the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HIL...item588f052318
          This pump is advertised as being manufactured by Asco industries Japan however the pump you will receive is exactly the same make and model that roughtrax sell (i.e. GME Japan) however it works out at £23.65 cheaper than routrax, I fitted mine over 18 months ago and have covered 30000 miles trouble free.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, one thing I forgot to mention and don't know if it has any relevance, but at one point of re filling the system lots of coolant decided to overflow back out of the rad. Any ideas what that may be ?

Comment

Working...
            X