1KZ-TE overheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1KZ-TE overheating?

In the space of the last 24 hours, the temp. warning light has come on the display on my 1996 Gen 3 3.0td; water / oil levels are fine, when it first came on it had been driven a few miles and there were no signs of apparent overheating.Temp gauge is stable and half way..any thoughts please

Do you mean the A/T Temp light? I didn't know there was a light for the engine temp as well as the gauge on a 3rd Gen. But have never overheated one so wouldn't know.

If you're not losing water then check the viscous fan, and maybe change the thermostat in case its not opening properly. Otherwise the rad maybe blocked.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Do you mean the A/T Temp light? I didn't know there was a light for the engine temp as well as the gauge on a 3rd Gen. But have never overheated one so wouldn't know.

If you're not losing water then check the viscous fan, and maybe change the thermostat in case its not opening properly. Otherwise the rad maybe blocked.
      Tony, I'm not familiar with some of the symbols because the Surfs are generally so reliable you never see the damn things it is the radiator- shape symbol? Is that the A/T one? bafflingly exactly the same has just happened with the l200 I have as well, so it shouldn't be the case with that as it is manual, Phil

Comment

Radiator shaped? Now you've really lost me! :-) Got a picture?

Comment

He could mean the fuel filter warning lamp i dont have a rad symbol on mine
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

This one, or similar?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

This one, or similar?
              Yup..now, tell me I'm wrong here but at a glance that wouldn't look unlike a radiator type image i reckon? There's nowt in the glovebox manual to say what it is, and despite having had Surfs and Hilux pickups for 3 years (about 10 of them in all), i've never seen this before..so i don't feel that much of a berk

Comment

Originally posted by Flarris View Post
                Yup..now, tell me I'm wrong here but at a glance that wouldn't look unlike a radiator type image i reckon? There's nowt in the glovebox manual to say what it is, and despite having had Surfs and Hilux pickups for 3 years (about 10 of them in all), i've never seen this before..so i don't feel that much of a berk
                ...and thank christ that's all it is! now to check if L200's have the same warning light

Comment

hehe, yeah it did cross my mind that was what you had in mind, but didn't want to make you feel dim..

Go and drain the water out of your fuel filter, and it'll all be fine.

Comment

10 in three years!.....no wonder they have been reliable you seem to have owned each one just over 3 months ..
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X