Fuel Additives - making it easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Additives - making it easy!

I have no idea what you guys get over there for diesel fuel, but we only get ultra low sulfur stuff over here, and it doesn't provide enough lubrication for the injector pump, seals, and injectors. I've been running Kleen-flow additive in mine. To make it easy, I grabbed some supplies from the local dollar store:
    -3x travel shampoo bottle packs (only one bottle/pack was the style I needed)
    -1x lock&lock container

Total cost was about $4.50CAN, and the container fits right in the door pocket closest to the fuel filler door. I use 1/2 bottle per tank, just squeeze it in before filling up, so it mixes nicely, and I have enough for 6 tanks before I need to refill. Easy, clean, scent free in the truck, and I know my expensive injector pump/injectors are safe.
    Attached Files
    '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Yeah, most of our diesel is the low sulphur variety (city diesel). I used to use the diesel from the pumps the truckers use when my truck had a diesel motor, seemed to make the engine run smoother.

Of course I have absolutely no use for that stinky fuel anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
      I have no idea what you guys get over there for diesel fuel, but we only get ultra low sulfur stuff over here, and it doesn't provide enough lubrication for the injector pump, seals, and injectors. I've been running Kleen-flow additive in mine. To make it easy, I grabbed some supplies from the local dollar store:
      -3x travel shampoo bottle packs (only one bottle/pack was the style I needed)
      -1x lock&lock container

Total cost was about $4.50CAN, and the container fits right in the door pocket closest to the fuel filler door. I use 1/2 bottle per tank, just squeeze it in before filling up, so it mixes nicely, and I have enough for 6 tanks before I need to refill. Easy, clean, scent free in the truck, and I know my expensive injector pump/injectors are safe.
      the old bill would have a field day over here if you had that in your glove pocket
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I use Millers fuel additive, or Good ol' Redex all the time.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
          the old bill would have a field day over here if you had that in your glove pocket
          "Old bill"?

Comment

"Old bill"?
            Poilce.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Poilce.
              Transporting diesel fuel treatment in the door pocket would be an issue with the police over there?

Comment

Transporting diesel fuel treatment in the door pocket would be an issue with the police over there?
                I wouldn't have thought so, but I'm not an expert.

Comment

I think Colin was taking the 'pee'.

Three small plain bottles containing a mystery yellowish liquid stashed in the door pocket.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    Three small plain bottles containing a mystery yellowish liquid stashed in the door pocket.....
                    Ah, the old 'guilty until we say you're not' thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      I think Colin was taking the 'pee'.

or maybe for a Withnail style cover up!

Comment

Have a look here
                        http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361353

their engines won’t even need a refit to use the cooking oil-based substitute.
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                        X