bolting down new head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolting down new head

did anyone find when fitting new a head with the manifolds attached, that once placing the exhaust manifold on the three studded flange , that the head then does not line up perfectly with the bolt holes in the block?

when I look down the holes in the head it isnt lining up at all??

The turbo isn't solidly mounted, it will move to let you line up the head and drop it over the inserts. Try not to wriggle the head round to much unsupported, you'll scratch the face up. You should be able to gently lower it over the turbo flange studs, then locate it over the locating inserts no problem. Drop a bolt down the hole if it helps, but make sure the head is flat and true on the block before tightening anything.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      The turbo isn't solidly mounted, it will move to let you line up the head and drop it over the inserts. Try not to wriggle the head round to much unsupported, you'll scratch the face up. You should be able to gently lower it over the turbo flange studs, then locate it over the locating inserts no problem. Drop a bolt down the hole if it helps, but make sure the head is flat and true on the block before tightening anything.
      Thanks tony I will try drop a bolt down one of the holes and see how it goes, but I did locate the exhaust manifold on top of the flange without to much hastle, it just seemed like the head was not flush at all! and offset with the bolt holes, will report back lol cheers again.

Comment

Working...
      X