Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd problem

hi help 3rd gen intercooler
    my story starts with a flat keyfob battery and i had to get into truck alarm went off and i had to diss batt to shut it up. anyway after new batt it would,nt start
    cause i,m getting old i called AA he stuffed it with easy start cause he could,nt reset alarm i without AA got it to go
    now for the prob when it starts for the first 10/20 seconds it knocks like hell
    then settles down i can still go up mway at 70 no probs but the nocking is bad
    and now i have noticed that if i pull up at the lights stay in gear foot on brake it starts to nock foot off brake stops nocking foot back on starts nocing sounds like a vac pull also started to miss now and again while rolling along
    any clever buggers out there got any ideas
    thanks lads
    the old git

Originally posted by bryanisaoldgit View Post
    hi help 3rd gen intercooler
    my story starts with a flat keyfob battery and i had to get into truck alarm went off and i had to diss batt to shut it up. anyway after new batt it would,nt start
    cause i,m getting old i called AA he stuffed it with easy start cause he could,nt reset alarm i without AA got it to go
    now for the prob when it starts for the first 10/20 seconds it knocks like hell
    then settles down i can still go up mway at 70 no probs but the nocking is bad
    and now i have noticed that if i pull up at the lights stay in gear foot on brake it starts to nock foot off brake stops nocking foot back on starts nocing sounds like a vac pull also started to miss now and again while rolling along
    any clever buggers out there got any ideas
    thanks lads
    I'd say the AA man fooked something up by stuffing it with easy start. Either that or one or more injectors have gone down maybe..?

Cheers

CURLY

Comment

Working...
    X