Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help... removal rear view wing mirror

Hi All,

I have to replace the mirror glass on my passenger side wing mirror. I just cant help thinking it may be an easier job to remove the wing mirror first. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the mirror. I see there are 3 small phillips screws underneath but cant get on them.... see pics

Thanks

Above the door panel inside, there is a triangular shaped cover, prise this off to get at the mirror housing screws.

Comment

To the rescue again ....Bush thanks. Think I will photo and post the job as I know alot of members have tried to replace the mirror only to crack the glass. The retaining rubber obviously needs softning to allow the mirror to go in easily...he said unknowingly

Comment

f**K it another mirror ordered How do you get the glass in without breaking it!!!!!!......treid warming the rubber surround with hot water etc but still cracked..

Comment

Originally posted by axelgs1 View Post
          f**K it another mirror ordered How do you get the glass in without breaking it!!!!!!......treid warming the rubber surround with hot water etc but still cracked..

Look at your 2nd photo above, you can see a hole half way along the underside of the housing, I think there's a screw up in there to release the glass holder.

Comment

Hi Bush

Stripped it all down and found that screw you mentioned. Chucked the glass holder into the hot water and went to put the glass in and cracked it.

Comment

By now I would have just put it all back together like in your first photo then just siliconed the new glass in place!

Couple of strips of masking tape to hold it 'til the morning, job done.

p.s. use construction silicone from builder's merchants, not that 99p per tube crap from Wilkinsons and the like.

Comment

one more go and then the builders glue. I will use my mates hot air gun next time.

Comment

Working...
                X