need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a little help

its been a long time coming but I am getting the truck back on the road, new rad water pump, head etc,
    just wanted to ask what that little thin metal pipe the runs along the right hand side of the block, looks like it would get in the way of the head going on top, what is it? and should the back end of the pipe be connected to anything?
    Attached Files

That to me looks like it comes from the Fuel pump, as you can see there is an open connection just below it.

I could be wrong though.
    Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Vaccuum pipe......
      Remember arrows are silent.....................
      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

the pic shows the front part of the pipe, but the other end has nothing connected to it, I kind of lifted the old head of myself, with both manifolds attached so I am not sure if I disconnected it from something as it was bl00dy heavy, should both ends be conneted to rubber hoses?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfsupdudes View Post
          the pic shows the front part of the pipe, but the other end has nothing connected to it, I kind of lifted the old head of myself, with both manifolds attached so I am not sure if I disconnected it from something as it was bl00dy heavy, should both ends be conneted to rubber hoses?
          The rear is connected from the inlet manifold / EGR valve area. Get a light and look down between the bulkhead and inlet / EGR area, you should see a little rubber pipe, with one end disconnected

Comment

Thanks for the help so far! I thought i'd get a few more pics to help me out as I have been a bit vague so far.....

In pic no.1

this is the pipe I have been asking about, am I right in saying the hose in pic no2 connects to this? i forgot to add this onto the new head so i think thats where I went wrong, but the prob is it's VERY close to the block, will the head not sit properly then? it just seems like if I add this hose the head will crush it or it will be bent to try keep it clear of the head?

I think/hope pic no3 is correct also?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Surfsupdudes View Post
              Thanks for the help so far! I thought i'd get a few more pics to help me out as I have been a bit vague so far.....

In pic no.1

this is the pipe I have been asking about, am I right in saying the hose in pic no2 connects to this? i forgot to add this onto the new head so i think thats where I went wrong, but the prob is it's VERY close to the block, will the head not sit properly then? it just seems like if I add this hose the head will crush it or it will be bent to try keep it clear of the head?

I think/hope pic no3 is correct also?
              If memory serves me correctly, the pipe in No.2 is the one you need to connect to the pipe in No.1. You need to straighten the end of the pipe in No.1 as it is bent up too much but don't worry, the head will sit square and straight. The pipe is designed to run alongside the block, just below the head line.

Have a look here for the full layout
              Last edited by Sir Plug; 12 May 2011, 08:36.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sir Plug;715924]If memory serves me correctly, the pipe in No.2 is the one you need to connect to the pipe in No.1. You need to straighten the end of the pipe in No.1 as it is bent up too much but don't worry, the head will sit square and straight. The pipe is designed to run alongside the block, just below the head line.

Thanks for taking the time to help Sir Plug, theres been 100 views and not many comments, I appreciate not all of us have done this job on our trucks.

so it looks like i bent it up when pulling the old head off! I will bend it back and refit pipe, that should get me back on track finally!! lol

the link never worked btw but I have seen a schematic of the vaccum pipe configuration on here somewhere.

thanks again

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=Surfsupdudes;715948]
                  Originally posted by Sir Plug View Post
                  If memory serves me correctly, the pipe in No.2 is the one you need to connect to the pipe in No.1. You need to straighten the end of the pipe in No.1 as it is bent up too much but don't worry, the head will sit square and straight. The pipe is designed to run alongside the block, just below the head line.

Thanks for taking the time to help Sir Plug, theres been 100 views and not many comments, I appreciate not all of us have done this job on our trucks.

so it looks like i bent it up when pulling the old head off! I will bend it back and refit pipe, that should get me back on track finally!! lol

the link never worked btw but I have seen a schematic of the vaccum pipe configuration on here somewhere.

thanks again

Paul
                  No worries, glad to help.

The web address for the link is

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_199...TW_1708.2.html

Comment

this thread, I had the same problem, pics/schematics on page 2

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64047

H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                      this thread, I had the same problem, pics/schematics on page 2

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64047

H
                      thats EXACTLY what I am looking for!! thanks very much again Hazzo, what was also confusing me was the end of the pipe sat over the block a little, I'd obviously bent it when taking it off!!

any idea what this pipe/cover is for?
                      Attached Files

Comment

No mate, it just looks like a shorty vac pipe, connect what you have going by the diagrams and your sure to have one missing from somewhere, it'll be that one. These vac pipes did my head in and the branch on mine points to the head too, I bent it out slightly/gently before reconnecting. H

Comment

No mate, it just looks like a shorty vac pipe, connect what you have going by the diagrams and your sure to have one missing from somewhere, it'll be that one. These vac pipes did my head in and the branch on mine points to the head too, I bent it out slightly/gently before reconnecting. H
                          it is doing my head in! I bent it out no probs, but its trying to get it connected up and knowing the rubber hose wont move when I put the head back in place, as I have to move the whole head forward to get at it!

Comment

Connect to the branch end and tie a bit string on it to drag it to where the other end goes after bolting the head in position, I reckon kids build these as normal hands haven't a chance of fitting some of the gaps you have to work. H

Comment

Connect to the branch end and tie a bit string on it to drag it to where the other end goes after bolting the head in position, I reckon kids build these as normal hands haven't a chance of fitting some of the gaps you have to work. H
                              LOL very true then again japs will have hands like kids.
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X