horn of plenty (or in my case not!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horn of plenty (or in my case not!!)

Hope somebody on here can help me with my Horn its completely packed up, checked the fuse ok, cleaned all the contacts on the cylinder shaped object (what is that?..and would this be the fault) which is seated high up above the grill, still no noise, not sure what else to do with it ecxept order the cylinder shaped object which i need a name for.

cheers

The 'cylinder shaped object' is the horn

Take it off and try it direct on the battery.

or Disconnect the lead on it and test for 12v when the horn button is pushed.

I've got a spare horn here if you need one - just pay the postage and it's yours.

Rob.

Comment

More likely, the contacts under your steering wheel assembly are the culprit - not unusual. Take the wheel off and see if you can make a contact.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i am taking it into a friends garage tomorow, i thought it was a compressor of some sort, i thought the horns were the trumpet shaped objects.

when i press the horn on the wheel there is an audable click, like a relay of some sort, but if its the horn thats knackered i will take you up on the offer, i should know either way tomorow night, i also dismantled the horn to check if any damage, 2 mins to take apart...30 mins to put back together again but you have to do this with four hands and not sure if i have done more damage than good doing it
        Cheers

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
        The 'cylinder shaped object' is the horn

Take it off and try it direct on the battery.

or Disconnect the lead on it and test for 12v when the horn button is pushed.

I've got a spare horn here if you need one - just pay the postage and it's yours.

Rob.
        Last edited by RAPTOR; 18 April 2011, 12:53.

Comment

Its in the garage tomoz mate, the mechanic said exactly the same as you so its jus a wait and see now.

Thanks all the same.
          Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
          More likely, the contacts under your steering wheel assembly are the culprit - not unusual. Take the wheel off and see if you can make a contact.

Comment

all sorted now, a problem with the actual connection on the steering wheel, thanks for the help all the same.

Comment

Working...
            X