Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Seat removal

Hello All,
    Just a quick question; how do you remove the injector seats from the 1KZte cylinder head? are they simply a push fit, as mine appear to be tight in the head, do I need to knock the combustion chambers out in order to push the seats back up through the injector hole, any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by karl higgs View Post
    Hello All,
    Just a quick question; how do you remove the injector seats from the 1KZte cylinder head? are they simply a push fit, as mine appear to be tight in the head, do I need to knock the combustion chambers out in order to push the seats back up through the injector hole, any help would be much appreciated.
    Do you mean the small steel washers that fit in where the injectors screw out?? If so, then a piece of bent welding rod or a thin screwdriver normally hooks them up. They're not a tight fit but get stuck with dirt, etc.

Comment

knock them out with long narrow punch through the combustion chamber hole.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just replaced my injector seat gaskets two days ago, and mine were really in there. A combination of a screw driver and a dental pick worked the trick though. I couldn't get the seats themselves out no matter what I did, so gave up and left them

Comment

Working...
        X